Friday, August 31, 2012

Who Stole My Soup?

The soup in question is Trader Joe's Organic Butternut Squash Soup.  This soup tastes like fall!  Full of spice (not in the burn your mouth sort of way), rich, and just absolutely perfect!  As you can probably figure out, fall is my favorite season, but more about that another time.  Right now I feel the need to discuss this soup theft! 

Since I have discovered Trader Joe's Coconut Oil perfection I have been going about every other month to get some.  It is a little out of the way from where I live (5 miles in the wrong direction from my normal grocery store) so it is a special trip as I only get specific items. On our most recent adventure to TJ's (because every trip is), my 5-year asked me to get the Butternut Squash Soup.  She is convinced she loves it, although I find that highly suspect since the only vegetable I can get her to eat is cauliflower, and she doesn't like soup.  In any case, I humored her because I love Butternut Squash soup.

Well, said soup had been sitting in my cupboard since, just waiting the right opportunity to eat it.  Well this week, that opportunity arose.  I am coming down with a cold.  When this happens, I crave comfort foods, typically carbs, and since my diet hasn't been quite up to par since the Whole 30 - total CRASH - I am pretty sure that is the big contributor to the cold. Monday my comfort food was the soup.  I brought it to work with me, made my soup for lunch, and put it in the office fridge. Well when I left on Monday, I forgot to grab the soup, figured I would eat it again later in the week.  Boy was I wrong. 

Yesterday, I brought a salad to work for lunch.  My salad making skills are lazy.  Spring Mix with some almonds and cranberries tossed in because at 5:30 am that is about all I have the energy for especially when I am making three other lunches, supper, and breakfast at the same time.   Well, the idea of a salad was not exciting in the least, and I remembered I had my soup at work.  I sat at my desk, watching the clock, waiting till 11:30, all I could think about what eating my yummy soup.

11:30 arrives - I stroll to the kitchen to make my soup...open the fridge...and it ISN'T there!!  How could this be? I shuffled things around, checked the drawers, checked the freezer (who knows), nope definitely not there! Granted, I didn't put my name on it...but really!!  Who steals someone else’s lunch?  My name isn't on my lunch bag and no one steals that!!

So I ate my non-exciting salad, no dressing just salt & pepper, and finished my workday totally flabbergasted that someone would steal my soup.  It is not like I work in a big office, maybe 25 people actually here in this office. How old are we? 

Today, I am still absolutely amazed that my soup was taken.  I checked my fridge at home just in case I had a forgetful moment and I actually took it there...but no.

So until my next trip to TJ's, in October, all I can do is be thankful that I got to have one bowl of the yummy soup and hope my 5-year old doesn't ask for any.

1 comment:

  1. what is wrong with people?! Soup? Do you think they realize just how much they can ruin your day by robbing you of your lunch?

    There is no other word for this one. It's lame.

    ReplyDelete